Ascension is committed to go the extra mile to enhance resident experience at our communities by:
- Treating everyone that walks through our doors with courtesy and respect.
- Taking initiative to solve problems and being personally accountable for the resolution.
- Maintaining a positive and professional attitude, even in the face of adversity.
- Remembering our communities are homes where lasting memories are made.
Ascension is committed to providing a dynamic level of service, evolving to meet our client’s needs and the demands of the industry by:
- Adhering to and maintaining Ascension’s processes and systems to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Taking a proactive approach to identifying and responding to client and property needs.
- Assembling and retaining cohesive staffs that can operate efficiently as a team.
- Paying attention to detail – “Any job worth doing, is worth doing right the first time”
Ascension is committed to sourcing attractive investment opportunities and providing superior risk adjusted returns through:
- Established relationships in the brokerage community and a strong reputation for closing that provide Ascension preferential looks at off-market opportunities.
- Disciplined underwriting built on meticulous market research and responsible budgeting for capital needs.
- Acquisition due diligence completed by experienced in-house team and capital budgeting confirmed by trusted contractors.
- Co-investment on all acquisitions, aligning our interests with those of our investors.
Ascension’s most important assets are its people, therefore, we must invest in the team to be successful. In order to create a nurturing environment with potential for advancement, Ascension offers:
- Competitive base compensation with incentive bonuses
- Employee housing discounts
- Attractive benefit packages at discounted rates
- Continuing education through “Ascension University” and access to educational and training seminars, professional certifications, and leadership training.
Ascension is a value creation and property management company focused on maximizing asset potential of multifamily properties. The Ascension team has the vast knowledge and experience in various facets of the industry.
James G. WoodPresident
Prior to forming Ascension, Mr. Wood had 15 years of workout experience, first with a regional bank in the 1980s, where he worked for eight years. Most of his time spent at Texas American Bank was dedicated to the resolution of problem loans secured by various property types across Texas. During the 1990s, Mr. Wood was a Vice President of American General, where he managed a $2.5 billion portfolio of Commercial Mortgaged-Backed Securities (CMBS) and Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) bonds. In addition, he headed the firm’s commercial mortgage management group. The $3.7 billion portfolio consisted of mortgages secured by various commercial property types across the United States. In 2002, he founded InvestWood Capital and completed over $15 billion of due diligence consulting for third party lenders and investors. Mr. Wood has his BBA from Texas A&M University (Cum Laude) and MBA from the University of Texas. He is also a licensed Texas Real Estate Broker and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).